Chicago, Illinois (773) 318-6448 email@example.com
EXPERIENCE: Senior copywriter and creative who has produced content for diverse clients and contributed to award-winning projects for 10+ years.
CREATIVITY: Innovative thinker who collaborates with art directors to generate engaging products, including fully integrated campaigns.
QUALIFICATIONS • Content Strategy • Agency Experience
• Digital & Print Copy • Voice & Tone • Brainstorming • UX-driven Copy • Client Relations • Presentation Skills
• Project Management
CREATIVE CIRCLE Chicago, Illinois 2017-2019
MARKETING COPYWRITER / DIGITAL CONTENT SPECIALIST
Copywriter-related Duties: Assigned to a key account (American Medical Association) based on skills in writing and editing web page content. Participated in project kick-off meetings to brainstorm content, set goals, and assign roles. Collaborated with department managers and subject matter experts (SMEs) to obtain information and clarify questions. Adapted technical language so it was accessible to general audiences. Identified ways to drive increased membership and readership. Led status update and final presentations for each project.
- Recognized by supervisors for outstanding productivity and time management.
- Built web pages for several divisions with a focus on enhanced flow and streamlined messaging.
- Developed knowledge needed to write/edit following AP style.
Content Management: Maintained and organized content as part of a Drupal migration project (version 7 to 8). Built out pages to ensure content and layout was consistent. Performed duties that required strict attention to detail.
- Gained skills needed to work in a CMS (Drupal)
SENIOR DIGITAL COPYWRITER Chicago, Illinois 2013-2017
Wrote and edit B2B/B2C copy for agencies and their clients. Developed a deep understanding of each client’s business and its advertising goals. Collaborated with creative teams and art directors during all stages of projects. Followed each client’s guidelines for style, tone, voice and legal. Proofread and edited copy of other writers. Wrote white papers and cases studies.
- Clients included Ox: Office of Experience, O’Keefe Reinard & Paul, Manifest, Walton Issacson, iCrossing, Blue Chip Marketing Worldwide, SoMe Chicago Media Company, Resource Advertising, R/GA, Jacobs Clevenger, Designory, McGarry Bowen.
- Contributed to a winning pitch for $245 million in business with Pizza Hut (McGarry Bowen) in 2013.
RAZORFISH Chicago, Illinois & Austin, Texas 2006-2013
Wrote copy and created content at an industry-leading digital agency. Followed creative briefs that outline each project’s goals. Contributed to team-based brainstorming sessions with other writers and art directors. Wrote copy based on wireframes and understanding of UX. Led presentations to the creative director and participated in presentations to clients. Worked cross-functionally with art directors and video designers to create concepts, copy, and graphics for marketing production and online advertising (rich media, web marketing campaigns). Followed the agency style guide for all projects.
- Clients included Fortune 100 companies and iconic brands: Microsoft, Maxwell House, Blackberry, Motorola, Beam, Inc., ALPO, Oscar Meyer, Purina, Post, Kraft Brands, Kellogg’s Brands, State Farm, and Oreo.
- Wrote digital advertising copy, including banners and displays, that were part of a project (Samsung Galaxy SIII Release Campaign) that won a 2013 Effie Award.
- Wrote scripts for 30-second videos in a brand voice as part of an election-based promotion that generated over 600 million votes online. Played a lead role on a project (Vote the Top Cheese 2012/Cheez-It) that received a 2013 FAB Award.
- Developed collaborative skills needed to work on complex, large budget projects.
- Trained and mentored junior copywriters.
- Promoted from a position as Associate Copywriter (2006-2009).
LEIBSON McGRATH, INC. ADVERTISING
Northbrook, Illinois 2004-2005
Developed professional skills in copywriting and editing at a boutique agency, specializing in real estate marketing. Learned how to collaborate with art directors in developing print collateral. Adapted the tone and voice for projects to align with each client’s marketing goals and target audience.
- Played a lead role on teams that won The Gold Award, Nationals (2005) and Silver Award, Nationals (2005).
- Wrote copy that targeted young professional who wanted to live downtown.
- Hired from a contract position through the Creative Group (2004))
COLUMBIA COLLEGE Chicago, Illinois
BA, Marketing Communications & Advertising Copywriting 2004
CMS: Drupal, WordPress; Adobe CS: Photoshop, InDesign; Programming: HTML (basic skills); Social Media: Facebook, Instagram; Collaboration: Slack; MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word